Monday, September 6, 2010

Eat Drink Local a fun event on the North Fork

Now that's why I enjoy living out on the East End of Long Island....the cool events and the great local foods!  From September 26 through October 6, edible magazine has put together an event called Eat Drink Local to celebrate the local harvest.  With the fall colors, the cooler weather, and all the wonderful autumnal eats, a celebration is definitely in order.

There's something about this time of year that gets me back in the kitchen after a summer of barbecues and eating out.  It's time for the roasts, the meat loafs and the roast chickens.  I start thinking succotash and pumpkin pie and apple cider, and all these can be gotten locally by me:  the North Fork is brimming with artisanal foods and organic farms selling all kinds of seasonal items.

So while Eat Drink Local is going on, I'll be in my glory sampling all that the season and my area has to offer.  Slow down, eat locally and enjoy the season!

No comments: